Autonomous vehicles are gaining ground in industrial applications and in the good logistics sector. They are usually used to transport parts or goods on predefined paths; the launch of self-driving lorries on public roads is also imminent.
However, despite all the obvious advantages, the risk that driverless transporters could collide with people or objects is high. People who carelessly cross the path of one of these vehicles are at most risk. Equipped with a ‘predictive’ detection system that uses InnoSenT radar sensors, the vehicle stops before a collision occurs. The sturdy InnoSent radar sensors are not affected by dirt or contamination, and work in all weather conditions, both in the light and in the dark. The benefits of these radars are also used in systems to secure construction and agricultural machines, as well as cranes.
More safety off-road and in industrial applications
In addition to off-road applications (diggers, earthmovers and heavy-duty vehicles), a growing number of companies across the globe are installing radar sensors into their modern industrial production processes to improve productivity and also avoid accidents. In contrast to other measurements, for instance infrared, laser or optical monitoring, radar sensors deliver non-touch precise measuring results regardless of the measuring environment.
In particular, the radar sensors offer advantages in the following extreme conditions:
- Mobile outdoor applications: resistant to dirt and weather conditions
- Applications: off-road, e.g. construction machines, agricultural machines, trailers …
- Extreme work environments in industrial production facilities: durable in the face of extreme temperatures, aggressive media, steam, vapours or swirling dust
- Applications: assembly by industrial robots or production lines
Radartechnology for your Collision Avoidance Application
- Safeguarding of dangerous zones around heavy-duty equipment and agricultural machinery
- Collision avoidance for cranes
- Collision avoidance systems for auotomuous driving vehicles
- Protecting dangerous and safety zones